19 November 2019 by January - August 2020
ANNOUNCING OUR NEW SEASON, INCLUDING PLAYS BY LUCY PREBBLE, JOSH AZOUZ, BRYONY LAVERY, TERENCE RATTIGAN, AND MARIVAUX TRANSLATED BY MARTIN CRIMP. HIT INTERNATIONAL PLAY AMSTERDAM WILL ALSO BE STREAMED ONLINE AND TOUR NATIONALLY.
Today Artistic Director Paul Miller and Executive Director Hanna Streeter announce January – August 2020 at the OT with over 4,000 tickets at £15.
· Lucy Prebble's debut play THE SUGAR SYNDROME has its first major London revival, directed by Oscar Toeman, from 24 January.
· Georgia Green's acclaimed production of THE MIKVAH PROJECT by Josh Azouz returns from 28 February, following its success in our 2019 Directors' Festival.
· Tinuke Craig directs the London premiere of Bryony Lavery's LAST EASTER from 3 April.
· The first major London revival of Martin Crimp's translation of Marivaux's THE FALSE SERVANT is directed by Paul Miller from 15 May.
· Paul Miller's production of Terence Rattigan's WHILE THE SUN SHINES returns from 3 July after being the most successful show in Orange Tree history.
· During its UK premiere at the OT, AMSTERDAM by award-winning Israeli playwright Maya Arad Yasur was filmed and will be streamed online from 27 January. The capture was commissioned by The Space and produced by the Roundhouse. It also embarks on a national tour in Spring 2020. Matthew Xia’s production is a co-production with Actors Touring Company and Theatre Royal Plymouth.
· There will be over 4,000 Tickets at £15 for all plus £15 Under 30s tickets available for all performances, continuing our commitment to make theatre affordable and accessible.
· Our prolific Education & Participation Programme, which has been a vital part of our community for over 30 years, works with 10,000 people of all ages; making Shakespeare accessible for everyone, creating engaging productions linked to lively curriculum enriching workshops, for Primary, Secondary and SEN schools; five youth theatre groups meet weekly, developing their communication and team working skills; Young Company aged 16 – 25 work with professional directors and playwrights to create bold original work, and an over 60s group create their own performances inspired by what they see on our stage.
· ROMEO & JULIET will be the Shakespeare Up Close production for secondary school students, directed by Nathan Crossan Smith, and Primary Shakespeare will be HENRY V. Both productions play to schools and have public performances. All are relaxed performances.
· OT EXTRAS – a popular series of performances of the best music, performance and spoken word features jazz legend Elaine Delmar and Edinburgh Festival hit I, AMDRAM written and performed by Hannah Maxwell. The Allegri Quartet also return with a new series of classical Sunday morning concerts.
Paul Miller, Artistic Director, says: “Two strangers meet on the internet; two men meet at a Mikvah; old friends head for Lourdes, while a corrupt aristo meets his match: I’m proud that the second half of the 19/20 season at the OT offers four unusually vibrant theatrical encounters to relish in our uniquely intimate space. It features our signature mix of contemporary work and rediscoveries by the finest writers: Lucy Prebble, Josh Azouz, Bryony Lavery and Pierre Marivaux. And finally, in July the return of Rattigan’s hilarious While the Sun Shines, our biggest ever hit: quality and variety continue to make us an independent producing powerhouse.”
BUY A SEASON TICKET AND SAVE
Get early access to your seats, priority booking from 2 December and free ticket exchanges.
BOOK 3 PLAYS – SAVE 15%
BOOK 4 PLAYS – SAVE 20%
*Offer applies automatically when you buy tickets in the top two price bands for The Sugar Syndrome, The Mikvah Project, Last Easter and The False Servant. Tickets must be purchased together by 31 January.
** Limit of 1 exchange per show. Subject to availability, ticket prices may increase due to demand.
Public Booking opens Wednesday 4 December at 10amGo back