Deputy Stage Manager - Candida
Job Title: Deputy Stage Manager
Responsible to: Company Stage Manager
Purpose: To support the Stage Manager and Production Manager in the effective running of the rehearsal process. To run the rehearsal room and keep the Show Book up to date. To operate LX, sound and AV cues as required for the run of the production.
Application Closes: Monday 7 October
Interviews: Tuesday 8/Wednesday 9 October
Production Details: Candida by Bernard Shaw, directed by Paul Miller
Rehearsals Start – 21 October
Tech week – 18 November
1st Preview – 22 November
Press Night – 26 November
Final Show – 11 January
- Fulfil all usual DSM responsibilities during the rehearsal period and technical rehearsals.
- Along with the production manager and other members of the stage management team, liaise with the creative team and facilitate their requirements to the best standard possible.
- Run the rehearsal room to a high standard, ensuring the needs of the company and the director are met.
- Complete rehearsal notes and calls as agreed with the Company Stage Manager.
- Keep the show book up to date and neat.
- Operate LX, sound and AV cues as necessary during the run of the production.
- To undertake shared laundry duties and props maintenance along with the rest of the stage management team as agreed with the Head of Production.
- Complete show reports in a timely manner and maintain communication with the creative team throughout the run.
- Attend production meetings as required
Skills and experience:
- Demonstratable experience in relevant professional roles.
- A team player with the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels both internally and externally
- Able to cope with the demands of working flexibly for the hours that a theatre inevitably demands
- DBS checked
- First Aid Qualification
- Fire Safety trained
Contract and terms
Title of post: Deputy Stage Manager
Salary: £451 per week during rehearsals, £464 per week during show call, plus holiday pay and overtime. Contract in line with UK Theatre and Equity Commercial Theatre agreement.
Hours: This is a full-time position. Hours are dependent on agreed rehearsal times and show running times.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to [email protected], including ‘DSM – Candida’ in the subject line, or by post to: Sarah Murray, General Manager, Orange Tree Theatre, 1 Clarence Street, Richmond TW9 2SA.