Deputy Stage Manager - Can't Wait for Christmas!
Job Title: Deputy Stage Manager (during rehearsals at the Orange Tree Theatre, Richmond)/Stage Manager on book (Lighthouse, Poole Centre for the Arts)
Responsible to: Company Stage Manager
DSM - To support the Stage Manager and Production Manager in the effective running of the rehearsal process. To run the rehearsal room and keep the Show Book up to date.
SM on book - Run the technical rehearsal. Take the lead on communications between the production/ creative teams, and the team in Poole. To operate LX, sound and AV cues as required for the run of the production. To co-ordinate strike and reset between shows.
Application Closes: Friday 4 October
Interviews: Tuesday 8 October
Production Details: Can’t Wait For Christmas!, created by Imogen Bond & Tarek Merchant, directed by Imogen Bond.
Rehearsal at the Orange Tree Theatre, Richmond
Tech & Shows at the Lighthouse, Poole Centre for the Arts
This show is a remount that is also performing at the Orange Tree Theatre over Christmas 2019. It will rehearse in conjunction with the team performing at the Orange Tree, and the original creative team are re-joining us.
Rehearsals – 25 November
Tech (in Poole) – 9 December
Show start – 10 December
Final Show – 24 December
- Fulfil all usual DSM responsibilities during the rehearsal period, stepping up to SM on book for technical rehearsals and the run.
- Along with the production manager and other members of the stage management team, liaise with the creative team and facilitate their requirements to the best standard possible.
- Run the rehearsal room to a high standard, ensuring the needs of the company and the director are met.
- Complete rehearsal notes and calls as agreed with the Company Stage Manager.
- Keep the show book up to date and neat.
- Attend production meetings, and minute meetings as required
- Operate LX, sound and AV cues as necessary during the run of the production.
- To undertake laundry duties and props maintenance during the run as agreed with the Head of Production.
- Complete show reports in a timely manner and maintain communication with the creative team throughout the run.
- Offer pastoral care to the cast during the run.
- Venue liaison duties may be required as the main Orange Tree contact at the Lighthouse, once in Poole.
Skills and experience:
- Demonstratable experience in relevant professional roles.
- A team player with the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels both internally and externally
- Able to cope with the demands of working flexibly for the hours that a theatre inevitably demands
- DBS checked
- First Aid Qualification
- Fire Safety trained
- Drivers license
Contract and terms:
Title of post: Deputy Stage Manager (rehearsals)/ Stage Manager on book (tech/ shows)
Salary: £448 per week during rehearsals, £514.08 per week during tech & show call, plus holiday pay and overtime. Subsistence and contract in line with UK Theatre and Equity Commercial Theatre agreement.
Hours: This is a full-time position. Hours are dependent on agreed rehearsal times and show running times.
To apply please send a CV and Covering letter to [email protected], including ‘DSM (Poole) – Can’t Wait For Christmas’ in the subject line.